Welcome to Batavia
The Village of Batavia, population 1617, was founded in 1814. It is the county seat of Clermont County and is located on the banks of the scenic East Fork of the Little Miami River. The Village has a statutory government with a Mayor, Clerk Treasurer, and six members of Council elected for four year terms. The day to day operation of the village is managed by the Village Administrator who answers to the Mayor and Council. Law enforcement is provided by the local Police Chief and a well trained team of police officers. Fire fighting and EMS service are provided by the Central Joint Fire & EMS District of which the Village is a member. The Village provides water & sewer services, trash pick up, brush and leaf pick up along with other basic services. Electric and natural gas service are provided by Duke Energy. Phone service is provided by Cincinnati Bell. As the county seat of Clermont County, the Village is home to the County Court House and Administration Building, Convention and Visitor's Bureau, Library and various other county services. The downtown is an Heritage Ohio Main Street and home to commercial establishments, restaurants and various professional services. Educational opportunities are provided by the Batavia School System and Clermont College, a branch of the University of Cincinnati. Several industries provide a stable economic base. The Clermont Chamber of Commerce assists the Village with economic development. Residential opportunities abound. There are several apartment complexes as well as single family homes. Housing stock is varied and includes many well kept and restored historical structures in the older part of town as well as modern subdivisions.